Monday, November 28, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge- Day 1

Why is it that when I have so much to blog about, I don't have the time? But when I have nothing to blog about I have all the time in the world?? A Thanksgiving week recap may or may not happen. I really don't like to post without pictures and long story short, my phone broke and I had to get a new one. Therefore, I lost all of my pictures from this week because of course I took them all on my phone.... UGH!! Short recap, our first married Thanksgiving was amazing!! We got to see friends and family and eat great food. What is better than that?? Found these 2 pictures on a friends facebook...here is half of our spread of food for the tailgate feast!
I am linking up with Nelly @ A Complete Waste of Makeup for a 10 day blog challenge. Now, every blog challenge I have participated in, I have failed miserably! So, here is to another try and hopefully more success!

Today's topic is: Favorite Gift Received EVER

I have many favorite gifts from my past. Some more sentimental than others but the ones that really stick out are...

- My two front teeth... no really, when I was 7, I was really excited to see my dad and when ran up to hug him, I knocked my mouth on his shoulder and my two front teeth fell out. We think I swallowed one and found the other on the cement. This was around Thanksgiving so the joke is that I got my two front teeth for Christmas because that is around the time they came in.
- A car... I was completely shocked and immediately in love! I loved my little car and enjoyed driving it for the few years I had it. Once I became a grown up and had to pay my way in life, the maintenance on the car was a lot. I look back now and think I got rid of it to soon but I love my car now so it is what it is. I was very thankful for the gift!!

Go link up and tell us what your favorite gift you have ever received is! Also, don't forget to check out my last post about a special I am running in my etsy store through Wednesday!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That turkey looks so good! I want a new car too! :)

Allison said...

Sorry about your phone. :( That's a bummer. Love that you lost your 2 front teeth just in time to sing along with the song! Cute (but probably a little painful) memory.

Katie said...

Wow, that food spread does look amazing!! Wow, what an amazing gift! A car would be a nice surprise!