Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 3 & Meal Plan

This weekend has been one of the most low key weekends we have had in a long time! After last weekend, this is exactly what we needed. I meant to do a recap of last weekend but didn't get around to it this week. We had so much fun with friends in town and an Aggie win at the Cotton Bowl. 

Friday night we went to a BBQ place near our house that we had heard good things about. It was a little far so I was hoping it would be awesome. It was just ok and I don't think we will go back. Saturday I slept in and Chris went to a few stores to find some ammo. He surprised me with breakfast and then we relaxed for a while before crawling back in bed for a nice, 3 hour long nap. Later that afternoon, we went to the store and got steaks for dinner. Dinner was so good! Woke up this morning and made breakfast at home and now we are watching football and doing things around the house. 

I wish laundry would do itself! That is one of my least favorite things to do. Sunday is our day we clean, do laundry, meal plan, and grocery shop. There is nothing better than crawling into clean sheets Sunday night and knowing that everything is clean and ready for the following week!

I cleaned out and organized our pantry (which I have been wanting to do forever!) and wanted to use some of the stuff we already had. I am tired of making the same meals every week, even though it is really easy.  Most of these recipes are new for me/us. Here are our meals for the week:

Sunday: Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
I had some leftover chicken and wanted to use it up before it went bad. I have never made this but love this soup from Chili's. I hope it is as good as it looks/sounds/is at Chili's! 

Monday: Crescent Lasagna Pie
How could this not be amazing!! 

Tuesday: Jambalaya 
East night! 

Wednesday: This is our night to go out to eat but I have a work meeting so I am not sure what we will have! 

Thursday: I have another work meeting!

Friday: Hopefully I can talk hubs into grilling! 

Saturday: BBQ Beer Chicken in the Crock Pot


Day 3 is all about my first love! ( I am beyond bored with this 30 day thing...knew that was going to happen)
My first love is now my husband! I may have thought I was in love before meeting him but that wasn't love. Chris and I met during our senior year of high school. We had gone to the same high school the whole time but our paths had never crossed. The story of how he noticed me is sweet and I will save that for another post (since this one is so long already). We dated through out our senior year, all through college, and then I followed him to Dallas when he got his first job. Many that new us from the beginning saw us through our ups and downs and were not surprised when we finally got engaged (AFTER 8 YEARS). Here is a picture of us from almost the beginning and one from now. My how we have changed. I love him more than I ever thought I would and feel so blessed to be able to call him my  husband!! 
Getting ready for prom senior year of high school
 Picture from last weekend at the Cotton Bowl in Arlington

Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, that lasagna crescent pie looks amazing! I am going to add that to my list for next week! YUMMY! Anything with crescent rolls is always a keeper!