Hi Everyone, it's Sarah here from Shorelines and Sunshine. I'm thrilled to be guest posting on Allison's blog because I love reading her posts and I think she's wonderful.
As the winter months wind down, and the temperature creeps up, I thought I'd share with you all some of my favorite things about winter that I'll miss. I know, you all probably think I'm crazy for missing winter, but really, this year we didn't having much of one, and I didn't spend nearly enough time in sweaters or drinking tea. Here we go!
1. Cozy sweaters. Being warm in the winter months is really important to me because I'm one of those people who are always cold. A good chunky cable knit is one of my favorite things, and I love the look of wool sweaters with jewelry.
2. Hot coffee. It seems like one of the simplest things, but hot coffee isn't really all that great in the middle of summer. That's generally when I crazy iced coffee, but that's a whole other story. Hot coffee really warms me up from head to toe, and I can't think of a happier and friendlier place to meet than a coffee house - not Starbucks.
3. Cotton socks. They're under appreciated. My favorite have to be the camp socks from J.Crew, and yes, they're mens. I know when I get back from a long and stressful day, putting on my camp socks make everything better. I know I'm not going out for the night, and I plan on staying in and relaxing. You can really only have good associations with these socks.
4. Dark nail polish. I'm going to miss this trend come summer time, I can already feel it. Just this past winter alone, I stocked up on my dark colors and I loved them, maybe even a little too much. I think wintertime is the perfect time to try new nail colors, especially since the weather is so gross, you need something to cheer you up.
5. Circle scarves. These were another trend of the season that I didn't miss out on. I love this one from AVintageObsession from Etsy. The color would go with nearly any coat, and they're so easy and versatile to wear. If you haven't already picked one out this winter, do so at the sales coming up.
I hope you all enjoyed my post about what I'm going to miss come springtime. What are you going to miss the most about winter, or nothing at all?