Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How it started to where we are now... Part 1

I have wanted to blog about "us" for a long time but have never got around to it. Now that I have started a new blog (& have made a commitment to myself to stick with it), I want to let you all know how I got where I am in my life.

It all started on Sept. 2nd 1980 something... Just kidding not getting that detailed.

The husband and I met during high school and dated for most of our senior year. We then attended Texas A&M (WHOOP!!) together. He graduated on time and I took a victory lap (well worth it) and then we ended up in the big D. We knew from early on in our relationship that we were meant to be together forever. He got a job and then I did and we now call this great city home. Our family still lives in Houston so we frequently make trips there to visit. Here are a few pictures from the beginning of our relationship...

Senior Prom

Aggie Yell Practice

Cruise to the Caribbean 

New Years Eve Party!

After discussing timing for awhile, we got engaged last August. We are a very laid back, simply couple and so was our engagement. It happened on a Thursday night and I was very surprised! I knew it was coming and thought I would know when it would happen but I never would have thought on a Thursday night, in my pajamas, with grilled cheese on the stove! Little did I know that my pedicure that I went and got after school that day would change the plans for that night. After I cried and we called our families, we went to dinner at one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Here are a few pictures from that...

Newly engaged at dinner

Flowers and ring

Next up... showers and rehearsal day!

Enjoy your Wednesday night!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! You're an Aggie? I guess it's better than being a Longhorn. :) I hated A&M when Coach Fran left us. Ha