Friday, June 21, 2013

Five on Friday

Hello friends!
 
Happy freaking Friday finally! I am teaching summer school (I know, I am crazy) and getting through these days inside with 14 5-6 year olds is tough. I would much rather be outside enjoying the beautiful days or just lounging around in my pajamas inside watching TV with my dogs. It will totally be worth it though when I get my next 2 months of paychecks!! 7 more wake ups... I can make it... I hope!
 
On to the purpose of todays post, I am linking up with Natasha from Hello! Happiness for Five on Friday. If you haven't checked out her blog before, you are really missing out. Her and her husband just welcomed their second little lady into their family and she is beautiful!!
 
 
1) Even though I am teaching summer school and had to wake up way earlier than all the ladies I am about to show below, we had a great time at dinner last night! We went to Cafe Madrid and enjoyed a nice dinner and had a great time catching up. I can't wait for the next time!
(sorry for the bad pic quality, it was taken with an iPhone)
 
2) My husband loves to grill and actually made his own smoker out of a recycled barrel. It was working but for the amount of stuff he grills/smokes, we decided to purchase a BGE (Big Green Egg). It is a little pricey, but awesome! He is in the process of building a table for it...

3) I posted a while back about the garden that he built for me and the different plants that we planted. The plants were really depressing me because they weren't growing or doing well at all and we put a lot of work into putting the garden together. After talking with my dad, we realized that we were not feeding them... oops! Now, the garden is doing amazing and producing a few veggies to eat. We are expecting lots more in the coming weeks!


4) I am counting down the days left of summer school for more than the reason of being done but also because we are going on a cruise in July! We decided to take a nice vacation this summer because we deserve it haha. We are going on a 7 day cruise to a few places I have never been in the Caribbean. To say I am excited and ready to go is a major understatement!


5) I have a massage today at 3:45 and the minutes are d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g- slower than EVER!!!

Have a great weekend!
 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your veggie garden!! Every time I see yours, I want one :)
And yay for a 7 day cruise!!! How fun!

Ally Harding said...

Hey! New follower! I love that garden your husband built you! I'm lacking a green thumb so I doubt I'd grow anything but I've been wanting to put one in our backyard. Have fun on your cruise we went on cruise for our honeymoon in December to the Caribbean and had a blast! Oh and we share the same name!

Katie said...

Oh my, so many fun things! Girls nights that are spent catching up are the best! And yay for a cruise. Definitely a great thing to look forward to!