Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week(end) Recap

I have a good reason for my blogging absence… I shouldn't say a good reason because it wasn't good but more on that at a later time. Instead, I sit here in denial that my spring break is over! :-( I was so excited this time last week and I can't believe it has already been a week. Instead of being sad that it is over, I am going to focus on how much fun I had!! 

Monday was a me day! After everything that has gone on this year, it was really important that I relaxed this past week. I slept in and went to have a 2 hour massage. It was amazing!! When I got home, I played with the dogs in the backyard for 20 mins. or so. When I came inside, I looked in the mirror (as I was washing my hands) and was so surprised at how burnt I got! Later that night, H got home and we made homemade pizza and cooked it on the BGE. The pizza was really good and will definitely be made many times this spring/summer! Here is a little before and after picture for you..

Tuesday, I went to lunch with a great friend and then met some other friends at a local place for some fresh air and drinks! We sat outside and ended up having to move under an umbrella because yet again I (& all the others) were getting burnt. Clearly, we are not used to this 80 degree weather. *Doesn't look like we will be getting used to it because it is make in the 50's now. gross.

Wednesday was low key! We had dinner with a couple that we had not seen in a really long time. I think I laid in bed the majority or the day and jumped back in bed shortly after we got home from dinner!!

Thursday, I went to lunch with my team!! It was so good to spend time with them and not talk about school stuff or kids! I got a facial later that afternoon and it was amazing!!

Friday, I went to dinner with another great friend.  We tried to get a few different people to take a picture of us at lunch but our selfie skills are better than their picture taking skills!!
I had not shopped since the end of January but we can't help it when we get together!! I didn't go crazy but did get a new pair of jeans and 2 shirts!! 

Chris and I decided we wanted to try a new recipe on the BGE. We made blackened catfish and dirty rice. It was so good!!

On Saturday, Chris and I spent the day together shopping, having lunch, and enjoying each others company. We made it home just before a huge thunderstorm came through. It was so nice to sit on the couch and listen to the storm. I love a good, spring thunderstorm! I am also loving all of the fresh fruit that is in season… I may or may not have eaten lots of these this weekend…


Today has been a day of errands, laundry, making dinner, and getting ready for the week. Meal plan will be posted tomorrow!!

Goodbye spring break, back to reality I go...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I miss Spring Break. haha And a 2 hour massage?! Heaven!