This post will contain a lot of info about me! Not intended that way but all of the topics I want to write about involve getting to know me better! First up, I am being featured on Lauren's blog today for her guest posting series. Check it out here!
Tracy from Then I Got To Thinking has started a new link up. It sounds fun so I am giving it a shot! The first topic is an event that unexpectedly changed your life.
This is not a sad story because I believe all things happen for a reason. I will try to keep this short and sweet so this post doesn't turn into a book!
I started dancing at the age of 3. I loved dancing and by 4th grade was dancing Monday-Thursday from 4:30-8:30. I was in 5 different classes at one point (tap, ballet, jazz, point, pop) and it consumed my life! My parents got divorced when I was in 3rd grade. We stayed in the area of my studio until 5th grade. We moved to the other side of Houston and driving to my studio was not feasible anymore. I was so upset and quit dance. I tried a new studio when I started 8th grade. It was not the same and I hated it. I quit and never went back. I had since joined band and that was becoming my life. It made me happy then and I have great memories from it. Throughout high school I always wished I had stayed in dance, found a study that I loved as much as the one before. I wondered how high school would be different than it was. Like I said, this is not a sad story but I definitely regretted quitting dance and joining band (& still do to this day) but everything happens for a reason. Had I not joined band and met the amazing friends that I met, I would never have met my husband. He was not in band but one of his best friends was and he introduced us!
Courtney from Courtney's Organized Chaos tagged me in the fun tagging game that is going around the blog world. I have already completed one of these but here is another!
First, the rules:
1. You must post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 11 new question for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
11 Fun Facts About Me
1. I have become a grocery shopaholic. I am not sure where this came from but I am obsessed with coupon cutting, ad shopping, meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking!
2. My husband and I are building our first house. This process requires a lot of patience. Supposedly we are at the hardest part. We are waiting for permits and our first builders meeting. Patience is not a very strong quality of mine...
3. We have the best dog in the world! I find myself talking to her a lot in a baby puppy voice. She got into the trash yesterday and ate an entire chicken breast. I love her and felt bad after yelling at her.
4. I enjoy watching sports. I could sit and watch baseball, basketball, football and sometimes golf with my husband for hours. It's relaxing to me (unless we are watching an Aggie game because they like to stress us out!)
5. I am an Aggie. I was not dead set on going to A&M before graduating high school. In fact, I had no idea where I wanted to go. After attending A&M, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. The school has awesome (some strange) traditions and a feel of community.
6. I over use these: !!! Sometimes I go back and delete some if I feel like they are overtaking my statement.
7. I have a love hate relationship with laundry. I love having clean clothes (duh!) but don't like sorting and folding. My husband has taken over most of this chore.
8. I wash my sheets every Sunday. I do not miss a Sunday! There is nothing better than crawling into a clean bed!
9. I am over The Bachelor this season but can't stop watching it. I am so ready for Emily's season.
10. 2 years ago, I knew 5 or so words in Spanish. After teaching dual language the past 2 years, I have acquired a lot more. I can understand most of a conversation!
11. It is very hard to come up with 11 things about myself!
1. What is your favorite movie?
I really do not have a favorite movie... I like most Disney movies and do not like scary movies.
2. Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, or Diet pepsi?
None of the above! I love Coke Zero and really do not like anything else.
3. If you could relive one day of your life, when would it be?I would love to relive my wedding day. It was by far the best day of my life and I am so thankful that we had a videographer. It is as close as I will get!
4. What is your go-to meal?
When I have time to cook, I make meatballs. When I am in a hurry, I eat a bowl of cereal or a sandwich.
5. Do you have a quote that you try to live by?
The golden rule... Treat others the way you want to be treated!
6. Where do you like to shop?
A better question is where do I not like to shop. I like Express, The Limited, American Eagle, LOFT, Target, Hobby Lobby and a lot more!
7. What would be your dream vacation?
Our honeymoon was pretty much a dream! It was a blast! The next dream vacation would be to Hawaii.
8. How do you relax and de-stress?
I take a long bubble bath! It normally includes my computer, a glass of wine, and my dog bringing me toys non-stop.
9. What are your favorite books?
I like children's books and probably spend more money and time reading them than any other. I also like The Hunger Games Series, Twlight Series, and the Something Borrowed Series.
10. What does your normal day look like?
Oh man, this is a post of it's own. I have posted about it before but I will create another post because it has changed some. Look for that next week!
11. White gold or yellow gold?
Definitely white except for my Aggie Ring.
The next part of this tagging game is for me to post 11 new questions and tag 11 people. This post is already super long so I am going to skip that part. If you want to participate, use Courtney's questions and then tag.