Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Recap!

Better late then never right.. 

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas with our families (much better than Thanksgiving when my husband was sick). It's hard to live away from family but even harder during the holidays. Thankfully we are within driving distance and are able to see all four of our wonderful families. We had such a wonderful visit but there is nothing like coming home to your own house, space, and bed. I am up to my ears in laundry and needing to find new places for our new Christmas goodies! Once I get off this computer it is go time... this house will be clean and put back together before I go to sleep tonight!! I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

We celebrated our first Christmas with his mom a few days before Christmas. We would be seeing her Christmas day also but it would be a little crazy so we did Christmas with them early. 
We spent Christmas Eve afternoon at my mom's house. Her having a tree up and lots of goodies underneath is huge! We have had a rough few years and it made me so happy to see all of this out! 2014 is a new, happy beginning for this fam! This is the tree at my mom's house!!
One of the few pictures I have of us (or people in general).
We went to my dad's house for Christmas Eve night. We have finally figured out a system to get to all houses on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!! Who knows what next year will bring though?!? Love their tree, it is super tall and always decorated so pretty! We had an amazing dinner that I should have taken a picture of but instead I stuffed my face and then fell asleep.             

We made our way back to Chris's dad's house and went to bed pretty soon after. I didn't get a picture of their tree but it was the only real tree of the 4 and smelled amazing!! We spent Christmas morning there before heading to his grandma's house. 

Unfortunately, Chris had to work the next day so he had to head back home later that night. I headed back to my dad's and spent the night playing with my little brother and sister. 

We were unbelievably blessed with gifts but it was so much fun to watch the others open their gifts that we really put thought into. We have some new exciting pieces for our house that I will take pictures of soon. My sister put together one of the most creative gifts I had seen!! Needless to say, it went over really well with everyone that saw it and I really didn't want to take it apart!

Coming up is our snow skiing trip recap... Stay tuned!! 

2 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Those "gift baskets" are totally awesome! I'm planning to make one similar for Valentine's Day this year! I'm totally with you on the fact that there is NOTHING like coming home to your own bed:)

Kristen said...

Love the little gift basket!

So you have 4 Christmases too. Fun, isn't it? ;)